1. Fat Quarters are great for this project. There will be a small scrap left over.
2. Sew on the Beads of Courage Bead Bag label to the fabric that you have chosen for the outside of the bag. You may place it in the middle of the bag or lower right corner.
3. Focus Fabric - Cut two 9" x 12" - With RS together sew a 1/2" seam on both long sides making a tube. Press seams open.
4. Lining Fabric - Cut two 9" x 12" - With RS together sew a 1/2" seam on both long sides making a tube. Press seams open.
5. Turn lining right side out and place inside of focus fabric (RS together).
6. Line up seams and sew a 1/4" seam around the top of the tube.
7. Turn right side out. Press seam towards lining.
8. Tuck the lining back inside and press the top seam flat.
9. Place tube on the open arm of the sewing machine and sew a seam at 2" from top. When you get to the two seams back tack about 1/4" across the seam.
10. Sew another seam 2-3/4" from the top back tacking again at the seams. (This makes the seams stronger for the cording to be pulled through.
11. Using a seam ripper, pop the seam between the two back tacks on focus fabric for cording to be pulled through.
12. Turn project wrong side out and serge all layers together.
13. Turn right side out and press bottom seam. Cut two 26-" pieces of cording .Using a large safety pin fold back about 1/2" of cording and pin through the folded edge.
14. Starting at one seam, thread all the way around the bag. Tie ends of cording together in a knot. Do the same with the other seam.
15. Sew on the provided Beads of Courage label in the middle of the bag or at the bottom corner.
Beads of Courage® is sponsored in The Republic of Ireland by Childhood Cancer Foundation. Beads of Courage® is a trademark of Beads of Courage®Inc. and is used under licence from Be Child Cancer Aware (UK) the holder of the international licence and provider of the Programme.