Help with the cost of aids and appliances

If your child or the family has a medical card and your child needs medical or surgical aids and appliances (such as wheelchairs or walking aids), you can get help from the HSE with the cost. If your child has a Long Term Illness Card, they may also get help with the costs of medical or surgical appliances for that condition.

If your child or the family doesn’t qualify for a medical card or a Long Term Illness Card, you may still get some help from the HSE if the medical or surgical appliances are part of hospital treatment., run by the Citizens Information Board, provide information on assistive technology (aids and appliances) for older people and people with disabilities in Ireland.

For more details log onto

Text GOLD to 50300 to donate €4 to Childhood Cancer Foundation 

Text costs €4. Childhood Cancer Foundation will receive a minimum of €3.25. Service Provider: LIKECHARITY. Helpline: 0766805278.